Looking for info after my vehicle was hit

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:06 pm
A lady ran a stop sign and hit my new 2015 wrangler with 8k miles which was lifter larger tires and aftermarket bumpers

My jeep is in the body shop getting appraised as of right now my estimate is at 17k and that includes a whole front clip a front axel and a frame. It was put on the frame machine and it measured 88 millimeters off. My passenger side doors on my jee open but rub. They said my body is tweaked they are going to measure door gaps and see if they can re align them. Since my frame got damaged it shifted my body. They said if they can't get it to re align then the insurance will probably total it.

So my question here is from your expert opinions is this a realistic fix? If my frame is off by that much can my body be brought back to alignment? Only my passenger doors are tweaked my drivers side opens fine

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:27 pm
I believe insurance companies have a value to repair cost percentage they work from.
If damage is over a certain percent of the value of the car they total it.
17k in estimates sounds like a good candidate for being totaled.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:42 pm
pictures would be nice, but it sounds like it got hit hard. if they total it do your research ,make sure they don't screw you on the settlement. lift kit and big tires and bumpers might not get replaced. I get bad vibes when trying to collect from an insurance co.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 am
So on 8-15

They measured all the gaps and came to the conclusion that the body is 10mm off. The same day they called the insurance agent. He came out and looked over everything and told them to continue with repairs. He said there is alot of money here and it will be hard to total it

They said jeep has a 5mm tolerance. So they were going to start ordering the parts

Im not sure how long the frame and whole front clip will take to come in guess that part is a waiting game

So once they come in they are going to reassemble the jeep and put the crooked body on the straight frame and try to pull the body to the frame

He said if that does not work they will be to far into it to total it and they will probably have to order a new body

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:09 am
Here is some pics of my jeep and there is a pic of what hit me in there too

I cant seem to find the other 2 pics but 1 was the lower control arm on the driver side was ripped off of the axle and the 2nd was the driver side shock was bent

http://tinypic.com/a/a9l3sh/4

Return to Body and Paint