SS DTM by the quart

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 am
Wondering if anyone has a good SS DTM that is sold in smaller quantity than a gallon. I've used the Sherwin Williams KEM DTM, but now I need a few different colors, and I hate to spend for a whole gallon when I just need a pint or so...painting yard signs. I know best would be a clear on it for UV, but ****, hard to make a buck when you have to spend so much on the paint. Been powder coating some, but these next few are too big for my oven, so paint is the choice.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:29 pm
i'm not sure what it is your doing, are these for sale signs or what. i would think your local hardware store would have SS enamel and you can always use the Jap Dry in it to make it dry fast. so what are these signs, do you spray or brush, wood, metal. pictures
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:40 pm
Sorry for not being clear. They are decorative yard signs and door hangers..laser cut 12 ga sheet metal. You put sports teams on them, or maybe your family name. They usually have the sun beating down on them, so fading is common. Just looking for something better than the ol rattle can...but with the price of the rattle can..lol. I wish. I thin it and spray it out of a gun. I was looking at the Majic stuff from TSC, but am wanting something a bit better than that. But if not, then it is what it is. thx.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:56 pm
cool idea, this is Duck country everything here has an Oregon Duck on it. I don't know what to tell you other than hardware paint Rustolium or something. it may cost a little more but if will turn out a better product then up the price to cover.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:42 am
I used this primer and reduced it some.
Laid down nicely on some bare metal.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc ... _vc=-10005
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Return to Body and Paint