Questions comments and concerns... GO

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:29 pm
Painted my girlfriends rims this weekend with all urekem products. 2k sealer primer, mint base, jet black base, and MS clear. The truck is a 2015 GMC Canyon. Rims were prepped with a good cleaning, scotch bright green, and WAG remover.
My prep and paint were great! The masking not so much I, I'm incapable of cutting straight lines so had to redo the base coats when I was ready to clear... -_- luckily I got away with no scuffing or anything. Just remask and reapply the mint.
My first design looks far better than what I left it with, so in the future I would like to redo them ( when I have a better idea of how to make straight lines ).
Another issue I had was my masking tape was leaving residue after being removed. The best thing I found for this is to tap a fresh piece of tape in it and it'll pull right off. As the title says. Questions, comments and concerns please
Pics in just a few minutes

Also in the planning stage of this project it was very hard for me to find custome painted rims on google aside from the rattle can solid color jobs. So o thought this would make a good addition to the web :)

Finished product

Also for everyone's reference, alcohol on paper towels or rags is the best to remove armor all from tires. Brake cleaner works great too, but the residue runs down the rims and they get contaminated nad dirty and you have to eclean them as well etc...
Last edited by Swinging_nuts on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm
Link to pics album
http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/swing ... brary/rims

Return to Body and Paint