Color advise needed: yellow metallic suggestions please

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

South Africa
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:07 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm from South Africa and I please need some advice on selecting a color for my new project.

I recently purchased a Lotus Exige, not your typical muscle car, the cars OE color is solar yellow, a 3 stage with a slight gold pearl effect. The color isn't bad but I must admit it's a bit boring.

I'd like to use the same base color AS the OE yellow but SPICE IT UP a little.

Please could I have some advice, im considering either a gloss high pearl/metallic effect or alternatively a satin metallic effect similar to BMW's frozen colors.

This is pretty much what I was thinking but I have no idea how to get this effect?

Thanks in advance, also I'm not attempting this myself? A friend has a paint shop so thankfully I don't have to paint.

Regards
Oscar
Attachments
IMG_5222.PNG
Last edited by Oscardeo on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am
If your buddy runs any kind of normal paint shop I think he'd much prefer working from a paint code that you give him rather than trying to get inside your head to come up with a color. If you like those BMW colors try and get the code for that paint color. Remember, too, if you come up with a "color idea" that it might be quite difficult to repair when damaged down the road.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Body and Paint