Body shop estimate?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:28 pm
I have to leave for 4 months before heading to Hawaii and was curious on the going rate to align doors and install fenders and align also? I have been working hard on this vehicle and sucks that I won't be able complete it. I am in Fort Benning, GA area if that helps.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 pm
What car corvette might be more than a vw bug, maybe some pictures.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:38 pm
badsix wrote:What car corvette might be more than a vw bug, maybe some pictures.
Jay D.

Can't believe I left out probably the most important detail. Haha. It is a 1970 Cutlass 442.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:00 pm
I can't tell you but someone would need much more info, like is the core support in are the inner fenders installed has the body been off the frame, are all the parts there nuts, bolts, washers, clips and so on. what I would do is just put the doors and fenders on no alignment, then when you get somewhere were you can work on it do the alinement then. you can do it yourself that way you no it was done the way you want it done.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:18 pm
badsix wrote:I can't tell you but someone would need much more info, like is the core support in are the inner fenders installed has the body been off the frame, are all the parts there nuts, bolts, washers, clips and so on. what I would do is just put the doors and fenders on no alignment, then when you get somewhere were you can work on it do the alinement then. you can do it yourself that way you no it was done the way you want it done.
Jay D.

Ordered all new bolts and clips. The car will be off the frame soon. everything on the front clip is removed. It is just a roller.

Return to Body and Paint