Preparing for 2 car resprays (First timer)

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:50 pm
second that on dents being hard work! you can definitely learn but it isnt easy.

if it takes a pro 10-30 minutes to do a dent, x3 for you to do it for a not as good result!

but definitely give it a go, it wont take long to get good if you have hail damage!

I just finished metal finishing a motorcycle fuel tank for chrome which is probably more work than just shrinking dents for patch and paint

theres about 40 hours in this tank.

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:06 pm
Thanks for you're replys guys. It's getting closer and closer!

I've nearly got the entire car back to metal and seeing all these bloody hail damage spots! :flatten:

There is alot! It's going to cost me a fortune to get them all done, Tempted to grab a puller and dolly set, Get what i can out myself i'm going to be posting some pictures and maybe a video overall of the car, I'm going to keep anyone whom is interested in seeing how a newb restores 2 cars lol.

First time doing this but i'm pretty much set up got all the equipment and what not needed, Just need to do the hard work, Been sanding/stripping it back to metal last couple weeks haven't had much time with work. Planning on getting it back to metal today and will be uploaded pictures of my progress and my current situation.

@s900t8v You did a bloody awesome job at that tank man got my tempted to try removing dints myself i'm impressed. I can see it's going to be hard work though. Work i'm willing to do with that being said.

I'm still tossing up if i should bother with epoxy? or like NFT5 has mentioned Duxone HS Primer Filler is fine for DTM i'm pretty tempted to just skip the epoxy and lay HS primer filler down. Any one else have thoughts on this, Would it be worth epoxying it seeing as i will have some bog on the metal for extra protection and to seal it? Still undecided. Just got a new door turned up yesterday because my old door was beyond fixing & didn't feel like having an inch on bog in it. The rest of the body dints are only minimal. I'm getting very exciting seeing this come together.

Will update, whom ever is interested is watching my progress. :goodjob:
Previous

Return to Body and Paint