Smoke in the air affect paint?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm
I'm located in southeastern WA state and smoke from MT, WA and Idaho is very heavy. I've been getting my truck ready to paint and would like to do it this weekend. But, want to know if the smoke will cause any problems with the paint when applied. I am ventilation my paint area with an old furnace blower and have filters on it.

Bob

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:02 pm
I HERE YOU! i'm down on the central Oregon coast real smoky down here. I had ash all over my car this morning. I don't think the smoke is going to give you any problems other than breathing. but if you have the ash like I have you don't want to suck that into your job area, if your filtering good no problem.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 pm
Hi Jay,

We don't have any ash falling right now. Spokane has been getting some. I built my paint booth inside my pole barn, used clear plastic for the top and a heavy plastic can as for the sides. Put landscaping clothe down on the floor since its dirt. I'm using an old furnace blower, exhaust fans on the other end, that's enclosed with pallets and then covered with plastic. I have furnace filters in the top to filter the air. I'm going to look for a better filter before I paint.

Bob

Return to Body and Paint