reducers,slow?warm?cool?fast?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:27 pm
Well I think you over reacted a little, I have never seen Dave act in a disrespectful to anyone, he always gives good information. you have to understand it sometimes very hard to respond to a question if you don't have all the information needed. sometimes the person asking the question has difficulty because he is not knowledgeable about the product he is asking about. that's why he's asking the questions, that's why we ask questions. I, we just want to make sure you get the answer your looking for. :allgood:
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:53 pm
PainterDave wrote:Nope not hostile just a professional trying to give you a professional answer.
But really if I'm being honest. If you had to ask the question you asked, you should just stay out of the paint stores and find something else to do. Good luck

Cutting,Welding,grinding,applying body filler,sanding,Painting,wet sanding, buffing, detailing, all my idea of FUN. Total hobby. And I am not discouraged!The reason I asked the question was because I suspected the guy behind the counter at the parts store gave me wrong info. turns out he did. Sorry :bighug:
Last edited by edster on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 am
It's all good man. Happy painting
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 am
To be clear though, this is referring to temp of the panel you are spraying and not the air temp? I spray in my garage and the temp inside the garage (and my panel) will be significantly different than the ambient air temp outside.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:29 pm
Use the temp of the environment in which you are working and not necessarily the temp of the part itself as that is the environment in which the paint will be drying/curing. For example if your booth (if you are a hobby painter fortunately to have one...) or garage are 70* when you are painting and drying the paint use the chemical combo for that temp. If you don't have a climate controlled area in which to paint you'll need to put a thermometer in your area and see what the temp is before you decide.

For example starting about now in the snow areas it's likely you can't paint unless you are in a temp controlled environment. I get the same thing here but in the summer when I can spot cool the garage/shop but the overall temp is still above 100*. I had to take a break from May until a few weeks ago to finish something I'd started in the spring.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:34 am
Thanks. Similar here in Texas but I can keep my garage at about 90 on the hottest of days. Not sure in the winter yet.

What are the cutoff points for non-climate controlled areas? 100+ in the summer below 60 in the winter?

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:03 pm
would just need some retarder for 100+

Valspar DeBeer LIC

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pm
Is there a fast for below 60?

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm
Acetone

but i honestly wouldnt paint below 60

Valspar DeBeer LIC

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm
Paints, glues, epoxies,.....none it flows very well when you start getting under 65 or so. And that means keeping both metal and air temps. up. I've walked into a lot of guys shops where their wall thermo was at 70 and I read 10 degrees less off their surfaces......
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!
PreviousNext

Return to Body and Paint