reducers,slow?warm?cool?fast?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:30 pm
Around here I can't find a label on the shelf that says slow reducer it says warm.every where i go! but whatever thats not even the point. is warm reducer considered slow? yes or no

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:44 pm
okay this is becoming a joke to me now,I don't need to know what reducer to use ! IS warm reducer considered slow , NO scientific explanations are needed, this is a yes or no question. so typing a paragraph about how smart we are is not necessary . lets see how many more lengthy explanations I get. this is getting ridiculous, hilarious

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:50 pm
edster wrote:Around here I can't find a label on the shelf that says slow reducer it says warm.every where i go! but whatever thats not even the point. is warm reducer considered slow? yes or no

YES! Warm is usually considered SLOW. It is meant to SLOW the dry time since it is WARM outside which will cause the paint to dry faster.

Based on the Matrix System:
COOL is for 60 to 70 Degree Air Temp in the Booth.
MEDIUM is for 70 to 80 Degree Air Temp in the Booth.
WARM is for 80 to 90 Degree Air Temp in the Booth.
HOT is for 90 to 100 Degree Air Temp in the Booth.
EXTREME HOT is for 100+ Degree Air Temp in the Booth.

If you want to be sure of what the WARM means for the product you use, ask the rep for that product. The above is a guideline based on the Matrix line.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 pm
I'm not sure he will understand that paragraph lol
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm
Len that's a **** good post

Valspar DeBeer LIC

* Banned *

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:51 pm
edster wrote:Every brand reducer says the same thing on the label! A few years ago they all said,slow, medium or fast. NOW they all say cool, moderate or warm. Is the warm considered the slow reducer.that is my question. I am not even painting anything right now. So any circumstances are redundant!

Look at all paint company websites, and learn how to navigate them. You have to do so if you are in this business. I stock numerous products and have been in this business for decades, and your data is incorrect.
If you cannot understand, request that a rep meets with you at your shop for an explanation. Every shop has a rep.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:59 pm
oh I understand , thanks for the straight answer Lenny. I am not in the paint business. Any one understand my original post? The guy at the counter at the parts store told me cool was slow and I thought he may be wrong and decided to ask .Guess that was a mistake! thanks ! nice friggen forum

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:48 pm
edster, there are some VERY NICE, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE people here. if your put out about having to answer a question or two so they could better help you then maybe you should go someplace else to get your information.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:36 pm
Jay, you are the man! I ask what is cool? WE ARE COOL! I'm sure you know you've helped me out before. If ya want me to stop asking questions because of this that's fine. But Painter Dave seems hostile right out of the gate.Then some other regulars jump on the -get Ed band wagon- So if I am looking for simple strait forward answers for my dumb questions, you're right again! Peace!

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 pm
Nope not hostile just a professional trying to give you a professional answer.
But really if I'm being honest. If you had to ask the question you asked, you should just stay out of the paint stores and find something else to do. Good luck

Valspar DeBeer LIC
PreviousNext

Return to Body and Paint