Do moisture bubbles under paint stay dormant if unprovoked?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 pm
Have you did what Darrel said and poke one of them to see for sure what's in them. I've got to say you bought an economy job and you got an economy job. you really should be thankful its not worse, you must have got one of their better shops.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm
Part of the problem too is their warrenty is loose, it says something along the line of “some minor defects are expected”. I can’t really bash it too much, I knew what I was getting myself into, other body shops wouldn’t be in business if Maaco did high quality work for their price. I guess I’ll wait it out and see what happens, I’m hoping to get at least a few years out of it. The reason why I’m hesitant to bring it back and demand them to fix it is there’s way more issues I had that would be worth biting the $1200 for.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm
I don’t want to pop them because then I’m compromising the paint if it’s not even moisture at all

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm
you don't have to pop them, just one. maybe in an area that can't be seen easy. just poke a little hole in it with a small needle probably won't make it any worse than it is.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm
Ok so the bumps just got significantly worse. It hasn’t been below freezing outside yet, but temperatures have been dropping into the 30s. You used to not be able to see them under normal light, but now they’re obvious. It also appears one popped, and the good news is if it did pop (and it’s not just dirt under the wax), it means the defect is above my primer. I’m going to bring it back next week and demand they fix it.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm
Good luck.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:47 pm
Yeah, and if they can fix the one that popped, that sets the "precedent" for fixing all of them.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 pm
All in all if their repair doesn’t work I hope things will work the same way they did for my friend. He sued them for an amount quoted somewhere else, and they settled for a refund before it even went to court. This makes me wish I would have tried harder to find someone else, but we all gotta learn sometime guess

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:31 am
mike758 wrote:Part of the problem too is their warrenty is loose, it says something along the line of “some minor defects are expected”. ^^^ I can’t really bash it too much, I knew what I was getting myself into, other body shops wouldn’t be in business if Maaco did high quality work for their price. I guess I’ll wait it out and see what happens, I’m hoping to get at least a few years out of it. The reason why I’m hesitant to bring it back and demand them to fix it is there’s way more issues I had that would be worth biting the $1200 for.

SOME MINOR DEFECTS ARE EXPECTED, I need to remember this next time I give a bid!
you must remember you paid 1200.00 for a paint job, you can't expect it to look like a 10,000.00 job. I haven't done a complete for a couple years but the last one I did was over 1200.00 for the materials only.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:29 pm
badsix wrote:SOME MINOR DEFECTS ARE EXPECTED, I need to remember this next time I give a bid!
you must remember you paid 1200.00 for a paint job, you can't expect it to look like a 10,000.00 job. I haven't done a complete for a couple years but the last one I did was over 1200.00 for the materials only.
Jay D.

There’s a difference between a minor defect and paint failure though. I was originally going to buy my own paint and it would have been around $1,500 in materials. The guy who was going to do it was gonna charge $1,200 in labor so I was looking at about $2700
PreviousNext

Return to Body and Paint