Dent in door

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:22 am
Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong forum but I thought I'd ask the experts.

My missus reversed into a neighbour's car the other day - 2006 Touran. Small dent in the rear offside door.

How much is this going to cost me to fix? Does it just need pusjing back out from the inside or will it need a respray?

Thanks! (sorry for size)
Size

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:59 am
If the paint is not scratched, cracked or chipped you should contact someone who does paintless dent repair.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 pm
I agree, paintless dent removal if it didnt damage the paint. If it did, depending on the size of the dent (if it needs more than 1/8 of body filler to fill the dent, do the following), here at the shop we use a stud welding puller... it tacks a pin to the middle of the dent then you use the puller to gently pull the dent out far enough where you'd need minimal body filler. You are prone to cracking if you use more than that... especially on a door that will be opening and closing alot. Id say its about a 2 hr repair, then depending on the location of the dent, you'll have to blend the adjacent panel to properly match. I'd probably charge about 400+ on a job like this.

Return to Body and Paint