TCP Global/Restoration Shop paint experience? Urekem?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am
Wondering if anyone has used TCP's restoration shop line of SS Urethane / Acrylic / Basecoat paints and if you have opinions? Prices seem to be in line with what Summit or Eastwood charge for their equivalent products.

My own experience with TCP is mixed, one reason I'm asking. I bought one of their airbrushes, which was junk and I had a heck of a time returning it-- I purchased a Badger after that and never looked back.

Same goes for an air regulator which exploded when connected to my gun at 40 PSI, and I once ordered 100 mix cups from them of which 3 were cracked and unusable (though the remaining ones worked fine.)

Alternatively, a while ago I bought a quart of SS from The Coating Store, part of their 'Urekem' line. I liked their silver metallic, but now I can't get anything but BC/CC from them due to California regulations and wondered if anyone has experience with their basecoat's quality?

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:21 am
I've used the TCP Restoration Shop line for the better part of 10 years on race cars both SS and BC/CC. It's affordable and easy to use. I'm not trying to match anything so I don't know how close the colors are to stock colors. The colors don't have the luster and depth that something like Deltron has but for good primary colors they work well.

Return to Body and Paint