My Spray Gun is 'Pulsing' - Why?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:46 pm
Hey... guys, thanks for all the input... I'm a couple of days late on responding and that's because the automatic notification thing apparently isn't working....

I better manually follow up on my threads more often.

My gun is not pulsing now - I didn't assemble it properly and I'd love to blame my kids for distracting me.... but you can't, can you? What a bummer. :(

I will get a new gun. I'll go about it slowly. I need to learn more so's I'll know a bit more about what I'm doing.

If a salesman at the moment started telling me the fine points of a gun or asked me what I wanted in a gun I'd be lost.

The place I thought should be oiled is where the mixture needle thickens into a cylinder but it was a typically slack remark of mine, speak before putting the brain in gear, that cylinder part of the needle is completely divorced from anywhere the compressed air travels and couldn't possibly effect the pattern from a 'leaking air' point of view.

So I won't worry about that.

I have learned a heap, that's for sure, due in no small part to the help from this forum, and I'm still learning a heap at every new session.

I just had a session this morning that threw up new questions. I'll post a new thread about it. I'm trying to be tidy.

Just opened a window onto one of those spraygun links vwbob supplied - I can see they're going to keep me busy for a long while.

And a thought just popped into mind as I was looking at the first page....
with a gravity feed gun you can't sit it on a bench, can you? Or a tree stump (my usual 'bench') You've got to hang it somewhere?

It's all coming together. I'm going to need something to hang the gun from, i.e. a covering, an overhead cover, then a windbreak and the next thing you know I'm in shed.....

thanks guys,

regards,

ab :)

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:36 pm
I have a very high tech gadget that I use to hang my gun.

It is a nail in the end of a wooden sawhorse. WORKS GREAT!! I'm thinking about putting them on the open market.......

For outside priming, I also have a nail in the wooden beam above my garage door. Works almost as well.......

Sorry.......the wine is speaking........

:? :shock: :shock:

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:18 pm
A nail or hook works well... I got one of those cheapy $8 stands that bolts to a wall or work bench. Makes it much easier to fill the gun than trying to juggle a cup in one hand and the gun and strainer in the other.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint