Advice re. orbital buffers

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:55 am
I'm getting to the point now where I need an orbial buffer. I don't want to spend a lot of money here as I will probably use it one or two times. I thought about the Dynabrade 61374, but at $165.00 or so, kinda pricey for me. I see many for $30.00 to $85.00, but I'm wondering about them. I fully realize you get what you pay for. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 am
That Dynabrade item is just the head - you'd need a buffer for that to go on. That's what I did, bought a cheap (ATD?) buffer and put the Dynabrade head on it. I don't think you can find a right-angle 7" random/orbital buffer as a single tool...might be wrong about that but I have not seen one.

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:58 am
You can use an orbital every time you polish. We use Cyclos as the only way to get a truly swirl free finish. Out of your budget range, I know, but, for occasional use even an orbital sander will work very well. Makita and Bosch, amongst others, make electric orbital sanders that will take a 6" pad. very versatile machines that can be used for sanding, polishing and even your woodwork projects.
Chris

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 am
I use a Griots Garage DA which looks like a re-badged Porter Cable.

For my regular non DA random orbital I use a cheap $20 I bought at HF, its worked great so far.

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail