Need a good rattlecan paint!

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:24 am
I just finished fixing a nice size scratch on my driver side door. I don't have spraying tools so I had to use duplicolor rattlecan paint. After a few trial an error runs, I finally got the finshed product looking as smooth and glassy as the rest of the car. Of course, this is all thanks to the awesome help that I have received on this board! :D

The only problem is that the color is WAY OFF! :x You would think that with the car only being about a year and a half old that the paint in the spray can would at least be close. Not by Duplicolor's standards! They seem to make their colors 10 shades darker than the rest of the actual paint. The funny thing is that I also have some dealership brush paint which I have used on some little rock chips. The color matched almost exact. But my dealership does not sell spray.

It looks like I am going back to the drawing board. At least for now, the damaged area is covered and protected. But if anyone can direct me to a better rattlecan paint than duplicolor, that would be great.

I know paintscratch.com sells custom colors down to the manufacturing code. The only problem is that I don't want to spend $30 on a can of paint that is going to give me the same color results. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:45 am
This post is a bit old but I thought I'd reply. I just ordered 2 spray cans of PPG colors (they deal in Dupont paint but will match the PPG color code). Cost was $17.95 per can.

Mike Gallagher
http://www.Paintworldinc.com
1-800-548-4321

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail