a good polish

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:39 pm
i am lookin for some good detailing equipment and solutions, first step, i need some buffing solution and hand glaze solution, i am prolly gettin a buffer real soon and just need some opinions

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:48 pm
3M Finesse-It II is good for the machine buff, 3M Imperial or Meguire's #7 for hand glazing. Plenty of other choices exist. A bushelful of folks on this board use a Harbor Freight rotary buffer, cheap and strong like bull.

Chris

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:21 pm
Yep, gotta agree wth the 3M line of machine and hand glazes. Once you get past the cut and buff regular maintenance really makes a big difference too. I like to use Zymol's Heavy Duty Cleanse at least once a year followed by One Grands Omega Glaze and a further coat of their Blitz Wax. You can find Zymol products just about anywhere and can see all of One Grand's detailing products at www.onegrand.com It's worth a look. I use their ERV (Exterior Rubber and Vynil) spray too. I've sent a lot of people to them and feel you're getting premium products for what you would pay at your local discount parts store. Oh, yeah, that Habor Freight buffer just can't be beat for the bucks. Hey, I almost forgot. One Grand is a great souce for technical info. on restoring finishes too. I've actually talked to the owners there several times about specific problems and found them to be of great help.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:56 pm
As others said you can't beat it for 1/5th the price of the Makita or Dewalt.

Only drawback is:

Makita 9227 = 6.6lbs, 10 amps
Harbor Freight = 8.5lbs, 11amps

It is a BRUTE! After a few weeks using it YOU are the one who gets "strong, like bull!"

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail