new paint not so good

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 am
post a pic of your buffer!
Life is Short, Live your life and Do what You want to Do!

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:26 pm
yeww thats exactly what i needed to read mate, yeah i started wet sanding and it still had heaps of white kind of dots then i tryed to buff them out but they wouldnt come out, so im guessing i just need to keep sanding till there all gone, cheers for the photos and info :)

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:28 pm
sorry no pics of my buffer, but its no top of the line one, but i might just lend a good one of a mate or something

Settled In

Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:11 am
you are right.. with the shiny micro dots... we need to remove them to have a good finish...

they will look like acne if you dont sand them out... I wet sand using 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 (was looking for 3000grits, not available here)

then 3m perfect it II rubbing compound, dupont cutting compound, dupont finessing cream, dupont, foam pad glaze and dupont hand glaze

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 pm
yeah i can sand most of the dots out and it comes up kind of shiney even after just a hand buff so hopefully after machine buffed will look even better, but even after the dots are sanded out theres still wrinkles in the paint, possible from the primer im not sure, should this sand out(yes i know it will take alot of sanding) so yeah any advice will be cool

Settled In

Philippines
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:11 pm
luke23 wrote:yeah i can sand most of the dots out and it comes up kind of shiney even after just a hand buff so hopefully after machine buffed will look even better, but even after the dots are sanded out theres still wrinkles in the paint, possible from the primer im not sure, should this sand out(yes i know it will take alot of sanding) so yeah any advice will be cool

they can be sanded out, use 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500

1500 will be safe enough... if you dont sand em well... they will give you problems ... and a disgusting finish... that's what I did I left some of the acne looking spots and it turned out to be bad... the panels that doesn't have any shiny dots went well...

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 am
alright so ive done wetsanding and some buffing ect, and most of the sanding marks and buffing marks are gone, but theres heaps of tiny little "holes" on the paint about the size of a thumb tack hole, advice on this? i have a feeling once i spray clear they wont really be noticable, but still
Previous

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail