polishers?

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:34 pm
The PC 7424 XP is a great polisher and works well for paint correction, however, its throw IMO is not that big at around 8mm. It also is not a direct drive unit and can be stopped if too much pressure is applied which means is doing virtually nothing. Yes the PC is idiot proof and won't burn the paint but it is not powerful enough for me. But, I still keep my PC as a back-up.

If you want a massive throw, check out the Rupes Bigfoot DAs. Made in Italy they offer 15 and 21 mm throws and correct paint quickly. The 15 mm is better for detailing and easier to handle. Also the Flex XC3401 is a really nice and effective DA polisher. Made in Germany it is a direct drive polisher so it won't stop spinning on you like the PC. The Flex has an 8mm throw but its direct drive makes it more powerful than the PC. Also, it will not burn the paint.

As we all know, to do a proper paint correction with a DA takes a lot of time with many passes necessary, however, with polishers like the Flex and Rupes, things can go a little or lot quicker.
Previous

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail