cut polish flames clear coat

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:45 am
I think there could be some issue here. what are your thoughts? I have two coats DuPont clear then cut with 1000grit.then I painted flames and untapped everything then recleared entire panels with almost three coats clears. im left with a higher level surface of flame and I need to cut the dirt out and polish.
--so there is two maybe three coats of clear over flames which adds up to about five coats over the rest of the panel. but theres dirt and a high ridge where flames are.
---im worrying I might cut through too far on that flame edge. im not trying to get rid of the surface edge im just wanting to cut the dirt and polish.1500 through to 2500grit is what im thinking. but the flames are built higher with only two three coats clear creating the edge. which im not sure how it will react to cut and polish process.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:41 pm
I would sand it with 800 and clear it again. Then I would sand it with 1500 and see how much work it is to get your edges out around your flames. The more you have to sand to get it flat, the easier it is to cut thru when your buffing.

Chuck

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail