first paint job questions

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:26 pm
Okay guys , me and my good friend finally sprayed my fox body's hood , spoiler , and gas lid. We're both 17 and still in high school and still learning. We sprayed tcp globals cobalt firemist blue base coat with three clear coats.it has dried for two days now and I want to cut and buff some orange peel and nibs. Where do I start? Grit? Compounds? Technique? Thanks a lot guys. I know I should wait longer too. Right ?

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:35 pm
Flatten it with 1500 wet until no more shiny spots or dimples. Then compound with a fast cut wool pad, followed by polish with either a light cut wool pad or a waffle foam pad. Buffer starts out at 1500 rpm then as the compound spreads out keep it moving and notch it up to 2500 rpm.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:20 pm
landon116 wrote:Okay guys , me and my good friend finally sprayed my fox body's hood , spoiler , and gas lid. We're both 17 and still in high school and still learning. We sprayed tcp globals cobalt firemist blue base coat with three clear coats.it has dried for two days now and I want to cut and buff some orange peel and nibs. Where do I start? Grit? Compounds? Technique? Thanks a lot guys. I know I should wait longer too. Right ?

Hey there.. just wanted to ask if you could share some pictures of that Firemist Blue. I'm thinking of spraying it myself. You got it from TCP Global - restoration shop?

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail