Dry spray clear fix

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:11 am
So I was looking up on the Iwata website and based on their CFM chart for my W400LV I should be spraying at 20 PSI could this also have caused this problem, I know that I had tons of overspray due to my filters getting clogged but I thought for the pressure it was spraying it seemed like I needed to keep up with the gun as well, maybe this caused an excessive amount of overspray as well???

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 am
That gun takes over 10 CFM of air at 20 PSI to operate correctly. Does your compressor put out at least 13-15 CFM?

What pressure were you spraying at? Fluid knob shut down some or all the way open?
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm
At 90 PSI: 13.4 and at 40 PSI 11.5, at the compressor to the connection it reads 90 and the gun I was running at 30. I set the fluid to a consistent oblong/football spray pattern. This is a lower end Rural King special Industrial air compressor. When I bought it, it was the best I could do; 60 gallon with the most amount of CFM for the price.

My main concern is to "get it right" I just noticed the big differences between the w400 and the w400lv when I was researching everything. I also think I put on 4 coats of the clear as I recall my process, because I had some clear mixed and thought I would just use it up.

Anyways I began sanding this AM when I got home from work and I think 600 is the best for cutting this when comparing to some of your pictures you have posted with that motorcycle fender. I just feel really defeated and I know there is a time frame to get this sanding done. The clear looked like glass before the last spray and I should have left it alone and wasted the last bit of mixed clear and I am regretting it.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:22 pm
Don't be discouraged it happens to all of us at one time or another.
Learning how to fix our mistakes is what they call "experience."
Remembering what not to do next time is "wisdom."
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31
Previous

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail