Use meguiars?

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:29 pm
Anyone using meguiars products on fresh clear? What are you using for compound/polish, what's your process?

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:41 pm
I used to use nothing but Mirror glaze on freshly painted cars... I always used the diamond cut compound ( since I only use HS clears ), followed by Dual Action Cleaner Polish, and you were done... On the last car I did, I bought some perfect it lll because everyone raves about it... did not see much difference between the products... I also bought some 3M Finesse It ... I did not like it as well as the mirror glaze product!! ( dual action)

I also use the quick detailer on all vehicles, as well as the #40 vinyl and rubber treatment.... The beauty of Mirror glaze is everything is paint safe, except for the wax (duh)... I have yet to use their machine or hand glaze, but have heard nothing but awesome reports about them..

I think it boils down to preference really, the same way some are about paints... one cant use it, but is the best stuff according to the next guy.. Both great companys and great products

Matthew

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:25 am
Hey thanks for the reply. I've always used the machine glaze and it is nice. I'm just looking at trying different methods, maybe figure out something easier.

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail