porter cable DA

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:10 pm
WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU SOME **** IS YELLING IN MY EAR!

Any links for the dynabrade dual action polisher? I couldn't find anything with a quick google.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:29 pm
Aberrant wrote:WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU SOME **** IS YELLING IN MY EAR!
:lol:

Hey Aberrant, I was wrong, bro. The PorterCable can take out 2000 grit sand scratches. Check out my post in the paint & body section.
I did this with my porter cable. I started with 3M superduty coumpound, then dropped to perfect-it 2, then mequires machine glaze.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:20 pm
Ah, but how long did it take and how long would it have taken with a rotary buffer?

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:45 pm
Aberrant wrote:Ah, but how long did it take and how long would it have taken with a rotary buffer?
Good point.
If I'd tried to start straight with perfect 2, it would have taken forever... But yeah, it took a long time get the scratches out.
In all honesty, I will be buying a new rotary (old one stopped working) to finish the polishing, but the PC did come through for a couple of days.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:16 am
Check this one out Aberrant.
http://www.properautocare.com/matwomopo.html
Kind of expensive, but seems like a neat machine.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:44 am
"A hex wrench is included to remove the Backing Plate but this machine does not have a spindle lock. I was trying to hold the backing plate with one hand and turn the wrench with the other but it didn't work."

That's ridiculous!

"There is no side handle."

"When switched to the circular mode, the pad is still oscillating in a random pattern."

I don't know, if it's a rotary buffer it should be a rotary buffer. I can imagine how it performs when you have to increase the pad angle, it probably hops all over the place. I think I'll use a rotary buffer for rotary buffing and a dual action for dual action, save these all-in-one machines for the flock at home depot.
Previous

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail