DA Dry/Wet Sanding

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:14 pm
I think these guys are talking about using a DA sander with hookit pads. With those fine grit discs you can dry sand with the DA and it is supposed to really cut the time in half. I have never used it, but i have heard from a couple people to be carefull or else you will get dust built up underneath and it will create swirls. Dont quote me thats just what a couple guys told me about them. I would like to try it one time though.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:16 pm
TecknikalSupport wrote:why is it u guys are dry sanding the clear instead of wetsanding??? i was always told to wet sand...

It is just a "newer" way if you will, that shops are doing it now... Time = money and you can cut in half with a good DA and paper.
[Quote from Quincy Jones]

If you want more, Dream more!!!!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:48 am
If your disk is clogging up. Keep a piece of a scuff pad in your hand and when you get those little balls on the sandpaper, rub the scuff pad over the sandpaper with the DA running. That will do the trick.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:12 am
fumesniffer wrote:If your disk is clogging up. Keep a piece of a scuff pad in your hand and when you get those little balls on the sandpaper, rub the scuff pad over the sandpaper with the DA running. That will do the trick.

Hmm thanks i didnt know that.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:59 pm
How many discs would you guys say you go thru on an averaged sized car? Or for my application a mc?

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 pm
fumesniffer wrote:If your disk is clogging up. Keep a piece of a scuff pad in your hand and when you get those little balls on the sandpaper, rub the scuff pad over the sandpaper with the DA running. That will do the trick.

or if your pants are clean just set it on your pants leg and then just turn it on for a few seconds. that has always cleaned it off when they get dirty
Learning How To Learn

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:02 am
Boy, that's a new one. Clean the paper with your pant leg. I wonder why I've never tried that. Hmm... I know theres a reason...
Previous

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail