Newbie Sanding Question - Mouse Sander

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:27 pm
Does anyone have any objections to using a mouse sander and small areas?
Anyone ever try? What were the results?

I ask, because I am seriously thinking of using one to shape the filler on my fenders and quarters. I have been using a block, but need to get this thing done within a week instead of a year.

Thank You

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:40 am
You can shape filler with just about anything. Paint stick wrapped with sandpaper, home made blocks, files, rasps or anything that you think will get the job done. The mouse is just another orbital electric sander shaped so you can get into tight spaces. Although I've never used one (our pro wood shops would burn them up in less than a month) I don't see any reason you can't shape with it for your purpose. We even shape tight spaces on wood with air belt sanders from 1/4" wide up to 1" wide. Whatever it takes to get the job done.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
that would actually work pretty good I think, just as long as you knew what you were doing it would speed things up quite a bit compared to doing it by hand (which sucks)
Learning How To Learn

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:45 am
I think i would just make sure to SHAPE it and not try to get the filler perfect with it, or else you'll be reall p'ed of after you have to fill that spot 90 times to get it right cause you keep goin to far.

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail