wetsand and buff nighthawk black pearl

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:46 am
My sons car is in paint booth now. 3 coats base and 3 coats clear. some trash in clear, nothing major. Should I wetsand and buff the whole car or just the trash, then buff the whole car? Clear looks great, very little orange peel. I have buffed several cars but no wetsanding, other than primer. Should I be satisfied with the way it comes out or buff it?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:52 am
You could go either way but I know with myself no matter how level I may lay down my clear when I start fooling with taking out the trash I say to myself, "Wow now that's really level." I end up sanding, cutting and buffing anyway. Another thing you run into is a some "halo" effect around where you took out the trash compared to the rest of the clear so again you just end up cutting and buffing to make everything look the same. Again this is just me personally, I get a little anal when it comes to that final clear coat. I figure if I've already invested that much time and money I should go the extra mile.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:32 pm
I agree with Darrel. Color sand and buff. Why do all that work and not have the best finish you could? I know where you're at, the paint looks good and the peel is minimal so....maybe.....just maybe I don't have to do all that work. Yep, there's alot of work ahead but think how much easier it will be because the surface is already pretty smooth.

Larry

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail