buffing burn

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:32 pm
Hey guys thanks for all ya help... But got a question on buffing. Today I begin buffing with Perfect III products (cutting and glaze) with a mcguire's red pad.

I have got down to almost no orange peal but when I run my hand over the clear its like I can feel a run and at the right light angle it looks as if the clear is "bunching up". I let it cure for 24 hrs so it should be dry. If I run the 1500 paper over the spot it smooths out. Well I go thru the process again cut then glaze. Again another spot looks bunched up. I am worried if I keep doing this I will burn thru. Here is a pic of how smooth it is but unfortunally the camera will not pickup the "bunching".

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:41 am
It almost sounds like your coating is dry but not cured. What base/clear system did you use? What were your temp.s like when you shot it and what temp. reducer did you use? The bunching up sounds like the clear is trying to pull up. If it is a curing problem hopefully just letting it sit for a few days will let it harden. If it's not cured within that time you've got bigger problems.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail