How to use photos inside your posts

Information on how to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 pm
You have a couple of options for posting pictures. I'm trying to encourage folks to host their pictures here instead of linking them from other sources. If you host them here you will be guaranteed to have them linked into your post permanently. If you host them elsewhere, links often change or get deleted -- then months or years later you end up with topics here that have missing pictures.

Option #1: Hosting your pictures here at AutoBody101.com

To host your pictures here, use the "upload attachment" tab down below, when you are making a new post:

upload_attach.jpg

Browse your computer, and find the file (photo) you wish to upload, then click on the add the file button. This will upload the file from your computer to the AutoBody101.com server. (Note: The maximum file size is 5 Meg. If your photos are larger, please use your a photo editor to re-scale the photo so it fits within this size constraint.)

You'll get a new section now showing up below your post -- it will say "Posted Attachments", and you can click on the place inline button to get the attachment to be included in the post you are editing/creating:

place_inline.jpg

Use the Preview button for your post to see how everything will look.

Option #2: Using a separate hosting account (e.g. photobucket)

If you have a photo hosted elsewhere, please consider also uploading it here (see option #1 above). If you really want to simply link to the photo, you can use the Img button up above the editor for the post you are editing. Copy and paste the URL for your image into your post, then highlight the entire URL and click the Img button. It will place the correct BBCode syntax around the URL for your image, which will create a link to the image within your post. The syntax looks like this:

Code: Select all
[img]http://gi121.photobucket.com/groups/o216/P3D51BJXZ0/cute_funny_animals_.jpg[/img]

Once you have the link inside your post with that syntax, your photo will be linked directly. Again, use the Preview button to see what your post will look like before you submit it.

-Chris

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 pm
Thanks Chris .I will give it a try tommorrow. I am kind of computer dumb.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:27 pm
I have a long post with many pictures that I'd like to move over to autobody101.com from my photobucket account but I don't want to spend hours of re-sizing and uploading one by one. Is there a way to upload in bulk?

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 pm
I've set the file size max to 5 meg - are your photos larger than that? If not, you can upload them without having to resize - the software here will automatically make (large) thumbnails for inclusion within the post.

-Chris

Return to Forum Usage Q&A