Kirker Nightmare black pearl color

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am
Hi, does anyone have any pics of kirkers nightmare black pearl on a vehicle to see the color good ? or the chiante color , or blue sapphire ?

thanks
Advanced Newbie !

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:01 pm
If you contact them and ask them real nice, they will send you all the color chips of their paint. You will find their color very vibrant.

Contact them at : http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/

Frank Cox
Cox Custom Cars

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Go to layitlow forums.. Those guys out in Cali use that junk paint all the time.. Or at least they used to.. Best thing you can do is look into a different line of paint.. Kirker is bottom of the barrel no questions about it.. While others will say its not, it is and that is just the way it is.. Ask any bodyshop if they use it?? Many wont even know what it is
[Quote from Quincy Jones]

If you want more, Dream more!!!!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:19 pm
What brands are better and not outrageously expensive ?
Advanced Newbie !

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:27 pm
BondoKing wrote:Go to layitlow forums.. Those guys out in Cali use that junk paint all the time.. Or at least they used to.. Best thing you can do is look into a different line of paint.. Kirker is bottom of the barrel no questions about it.. While others will say its not, it is and that is just the way it is.. Ask any bodyshop if they use it?? Many wont even know what it is

Maybe they know something you don't bondoking. I own a bodyshop/custom shop, and I recommend it.
Don't knock something you know nothing about.

Frank Cox
Cox Custom Cars

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 pm
ramulator wrote:What brands are better and not outrageously expensive ?

The Kirker paint issue is one that has been bantered back and forth here numerous times. There are those that swear by it and those that swear at it. :roll:
I have not used it personally so I will not enter the fray however I did try Pro Spray for the first time and found the pricing very reasonable and the paint seems to cover great and lay out real nice.
You can contact Chad here: [email protected] and request a quote based on your paint number for comparison.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:
ramulator wrote:What brands are better and not outrageously expensive ?

The Kirker paint issue is one that has been bantered back and forth here numerous times. There are those that swear by it and those that swear at it. :roll:
I have not used it personally so I will not enter the fray however I did try Pro Spray for the first time and found the pricing very reasonable and the paint seems to cover great and lay out real nice.
You can contact Chad here: [email protected] and request a quote based on your paint number for comparison.

Ditto the ProSpray. And Chad requested I used this email address as he was having problems with the one listed above: [email protected]

Cheers,
cc

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm
Well, i have used kirker and can say i agree with bondoking all the way. Of any paint brand i have ever used, and i have used alot of them, kirker is the lowest grade crap out there. If i was painting a trailer, tractor or somethong else that didnt really matter i would have no problem using it but never on something that has to be top notch and look good.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am
jim c wrote: . . kirker is the lowest grade crap out there. . .

Don't hold back Jim just go ahead and tell us how you really feel. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 pm
Ha ha, Was that a little to harsh? I did give some positive remarks and say it would be good for a trailer!!
Next

Return to Body and Paint