WANDA brand paint anybody use it ?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:32 pm
I'm just looking for some input on the Wanda brand paint............. The good the bad and the ugly. Has anybody used it ? This will be a complete repaint / color change. I don't drive my cars a whole lot and when I'm not driving them they are covered up an out of the sun/weather will this stuff do the job for me ?

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 pm
Is it a single stage? Or base/clear?

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:47 pm
BC/CC

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 pm
Never heard of it. Bit as far as clears go. If the car isn't gonna see constant elements you could look into the nason(economy dupont) or limco(economy basf). Both can be had for about $100-125 for a gallon with activator.

I've only sprayed dupont chromobase and diamont bases. So I don't know anything on the economy side.

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:17 am
I have used wanda base a few times, its not bad economy paint, its a lot better then shop line/omni. It actually covers decent and I am 100% but I think it is the economy for sikkens. I never used the clear if I am spraying economy paint I still like to use nason clear for the money I think its the best I haven't had any trouble with it and it lays down really nice.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 am
Actually Wanda paint is the same quality as Sikkens. It has good coverage, and their color match is second to none, (provided the mixer knows what he/she is doing).

I've used it several times and found it as good as PPG and better than Dupont Chromabase.

Wanda and Sikkens are both a Akzo Nobel brand.

http://cdautopaint.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=95

Frank Cox
Cox Custom Cars

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Thank you countilaw I was getting ready to pull the trigger on buying the Wanda But I was holding back because I wasn't getting any feedback. I have a couple questions for you

Did you use the Wanda clear with the Wanda base ?

When you say it's the same as PPG what line shopline ,Omni or Deltron ?

What kind of life have you seen from the Wanda paint ?

I agree about the color match of the budget paints that I have seen the Wanda is a perfect paint. I wish they would have named it something else like chromawanda or delwanda the name just sounds cheap.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:32 am
I agree, the name and the can looks cheap. I have never used the Wanda Clear. I prefer Xtreme Clear that is made by 5 Star, Kirker Clear and a GenTec 52 a medium solids, made by Lucide Industries. It depends on the job. For custom cars I will use the Xtreme or Kirker for their high solids. For production work (collision repairs) I will use the GenTec 52.

I would say its of the like quality of Deltron. But Sikkens paints are of better quality than PPG products. You just aren't paying the big price for the name.

I bought a quart of Wanda the other day and it was $19.00, The same from Nason was $45.00.

When you are in the business, you seem to always have salesmen coming by wanting you to buy their products and they always leave samples to use. I try them and see what they will do.

But when it comes to a name of a product, I wonder what people thought of the names like Chromabase, Lucite, Dupont, Nason or RM. I've seen some products with some fantastic labels, and the product was junk.

Frank Cox
Cox Custom Cars

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:05 pm
Hi, I hope this thread isn't too old to bump, its close to what I searched for. :drink:

Any more opinions or god/bad stories about this Azkonobel Wanda paint? Coverage, consistency or longevity?
I just recently discovered my local PartsPlus mixes this stuff so its them, drive 60+ miles or an internet order though I wouldn't mind to get friendly with a local. They only mix BC/CC.
Price is ~$60qt or $225 a gallon for base coat alone, they also sell 1/2 pints or pints so i can make sure I like the color first. Thus far I thought I was sold on using TCP Global from the factory color library and their price was $330gal for the base alone.
Any other internet and mail order competition I should consider, this is for a factory '65 Ford dark green metallic if it matters. Opinions? :pcorn:

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:21 pm
Wanda is good paint but it mixes 2:1 and therefore you get less Ready to Spray paint for your money.

I have been using Automotive Art Motobase LV. Great coverage, easy to spray and it mixes 1:1 plus it is competitively priced.

Tamco, clears and primers sold in store front on this site, also produces base coat. Haven't personally used it but there are others on here who have.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31
Next

Return to Body and Paint