3m perfect it? or u pols?

Discuss anything after that final masking comes off.

Fully Engaged
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 am
Daz_England wrote:
vw_owner wrote:ok cheers for the advice, i was quite put off by spending almost £90 on compounds but i wanted to do it right! you know the old saying "buy cheap buy twice!"
im guessing this stuff is going to be good for use after the farcela g3 compound? looks like it ticks all the right box's ,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Imperial-Machine-Glaze-05991-1L-/260421516093?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item3ca254fb3d

I can't remember off-hand the particular glaze I use but I'lll check tomorrow and let you know......it's the best one I've used and I've tried a few

yea that would be cool cheers..

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:32 pm
OldDupontGuy wrote:I use 1500 grit on the D/A, and then 3M Super Duty with the blue or gray foam pad. I put a light coat of Zymol on it by hand after that.
My video is on the site on how I do it.

i don't use even the zymol. i use a simple spray glaze and final wipe. I've learned too that 1500 dry on a d/a works very well for me, solid or metallics. On average 3 coats of clear and the super duty does well with getting rid of the small orange peel left. And i now only use the foam pads. work very well for me. A lot less worry about burning through, and cuts nice and smooth. :goodjob:
Life is Short, Live your life and Do what You want to Do!

No Turning Back
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 pm
3M super duty isn't sold in the UK so far as I know....unless it's under a different name

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:40 pm
it probably is. like you said not just called super duty. Don't forget us americans have to make everything sound more big and powerful! lol :happy:

Fully Engaged
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 am
deitymotorsports wrote:it probably is. like you said not just called super duty. Don't forget us americans have to make everything sound more big and powerful! lol :happy:

LOL your not wrong there!!!. its probably this stuff ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Imperial-M ... 3ca254fb3d they also have another version for hand polishing.

No Turning Back
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:50 am
This is the machine glaze I like

Fully Engaged
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:06 pm
awesome!! theres 1 seller on UK ebay that has it, shame i got to request postage price, before i can buy it :(

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:51 pm
well if they have the perfect it series there, they must have the heavy duty compound. Just named differently. we have the perfect it here, looks very close but mines in a purple bottle and it's perfect it II not III but it's also not a glaze. It's just a fine compound. here it is in a gallon. just for reference.
http://pivco.net/index.php?main_page=pr ... ts_id=1559

No Turning Back
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm
vw_owner wrote:awesome!! theres 1 seller on UK ebay that has it, shame i got to request postage price, before i can buy it :(

I'm not saying it's the best glaze on the market but I like it because it leaves a residue free finish,a quick wipe with a soft cloth and it's done :goodjob:

Deity,that super duty is really cheap,could do with finding that in the UK

* Banned *
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:26 pm
like i said they have to have an equivalent in the uk. Maybe contact 3m uk and see if you get an answer back or your local jobber and give them that part number from the usa site and see if it will cross to another part number?
PreviousNext

Return to Cut, Buff, Polish & Detail