79 camaro z28 436sbc/4speed build.bright cobalt blue metalli

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:12 pm
yeah im only using it as a sealer i also have a gallon of mr-hyde ultimate 2k im gonna use too,im just using the epoxy primer so i have good adhesion to bare metal,then im gonna aplly my 2k high build primer then block sand

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:47 pm
timbo wrote:
bad436z28 wrote:the epoxy primer im looking at gettingmixes 1:1 so if i get 1 quart that will make a half gallon would that be enough to spray 2 coats on my camaro,a gallon would make 2 gallons thats way more than i will ever need.im hoping the quart will do it what u guys think.

2 qts sprayable should be plenty of epoxy as a sealer.

seriously? 2 coats all over including engine bay, jambs, bottom of trunk lid and probably under hood as well? That surprises me, I don't really pay much attention to how much I go through but that seems very efficient. This is epoxy over bare not really "sealer" in the conventional sense where you shoot one final coat of epoxy over your final high build primer before paint. You do this a lot more than I do Timbo so it's not that I'm doubting you, just surprised.
Rob

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:40 pm
im not really sure either never sanded a car to bare metal and painted it before,the engine bay isnt gonna get sanded to bare metal it has good paint just faded,im just gonna scuff it then use my 2k primer on my engine bay.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:32 am
well after investigating my new and old bumper cover and all the time and effort required to change it,i decided to just use the old one it just needs sanded and some poly flex filler applied to it,that new bumper cover had 4 broken tabs on it the one thats on it has no broken tabs and no tears just some scratches i need to fix,i either need to sand it to bare metal or strip it somehow.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 pm
bad436z28

Forgive me for posting this picture :whoops:

But I saw it on another site, and I thought you might get a laugh out of it. :happy:

How to get a Camaro front clip home. :shocked:

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 pm
:rotfl:

Just goes to show, where there's a will, there's a way!

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:24 pm
omg ROFL thats just too funny,well that little car had at least one good use in its life,fit pretty good on top of there actually made the car look better.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 pm
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 pm
005.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
finally got to work on my car a little today,got the passenger fender sanded so i can apply the filler,the top has a few ripples i need to fix.,but sure was glad to find no bondo under there as i already knew there wasnt i checked the back side of the fender when i was adjusting it,the bumper cover took most of the day it needed lots of TLC.had lots of spider cracks in the paint where they failed to use a flex additive took awhile to get them all out,and im still gonna need the poly flex in a few areas where theres scratches.hopefully tomarrow it will be warmer and i can apply the filler,was to cold today didnt wanna have problems with it curing rightim also hoping to apply my 2k primer tomarrow we will see if the temps come up enough.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm
006.JPG
002.JPG
made some more progress today,but not as much as i had hoped,wether didnt turn out to be as warm as planned,did get the filler applied on the fender and sanded back flat,so thats ready for primer,spent most of the day waiting for my poly flex to cure good in the cooler temps,got about half the bumper completely ready for paint,tomarrow i will finish getting the other half ready,so far its coming out better than i expected,that poly flex is good stuffmy next chance to primer will be tuesday gonna be warmer.still waiting for my polar accelerator to come,may still use that tuesday.i will also start working on my engine bay and door jams tomarrow if all goes well
Attachments
001.JPG
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects