nason b/c mixing ratio

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:03 am
Hello, i've been reading the forums for quiet a while now and using the search function has almost always answered my questions. but i've searched the forums and also google but cant seem to find the answer i'm looking for.
how do you mix nason base coat properly? it state to mix 8:1/2:4, none of the mixing cups i've got have an 1/2 mark on it. the only way i can think to mix it properly is to double the amount of color and reducer in oz's to get a whole oz in activator, which ends up being way to much paint for one coat.

also whats the best way to mix the paint while spraying. mix one coat at a time or mix enough to spray the 3 to 4 coats you are putting on the car? i would think to mix one coat at a time.

thanks in advance for the reply's, this forum has been a great help
Eric
A goal is just a wish without a plan

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:32 am
You could mix using the ounce scale on the cup. For smaller amounts, get some 1oz. cups for the activator. For instance, if you only needed a few ounces for a small area or touch up, you could mix 2 oz. paint, 1 oz. reducer, 1/8 oz. activator.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 am
alot of times i'll use in. like your 8:1/2:4 is 8 in.- 1/2 in - 4 in :)
they say my name is Jay

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:54 am
thanks for the fast reply, whats the best way to mix the paint while spraying. mix one coat at a time or mix enough to spray the 3 to 4 coats you are putting on the car? i would think to mix one coat at a time.
A goal is just a wish without a plan

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 pm
i don't know what to tell you. i usualy mix a half gal. if i'm doing a complete, then mix more if i need it. but i use chromabase when i do a B/C and you don't catilize it unless you want to. so any left over gos into a sealed contaner were it will last a long time :)
they say my name is Jay

Return to Body and Paint