Whats the largest shop you have ever worked in?

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:48 am
as far as big shops mine was at the Ford place in Marion South Carolina,they treated their customers like trash as well as the help.I would walk in the office and argue my pay on Fridays and they would say pay period ended on Wednesday,anyway after 3 months I had enough and went back to my shop where Ive been since.Well anyway no more dealerships or big shops around,my small shop does good for what it is.We now do mostly insurance work and all over paint jobs and I am my own boss.. :allgood:

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm
bodyshop59 wrote:as far as big shops mine was at the Ford place in Marion South Carolina,they treated their customers like trash as well as the help.I would walk in the office and argue my pay on Fridays and they would say pay period ended on Wednesday,anyway after 3 months I had enough and went back to my shop where Ive been since.Well anyway no more dealerships or big shops around,my small shop does good for what it is.We now do mostly insurance work and all over paint jobs and I am my own boss.. :allgood:

Good post!
What has this to do with the price of tea in china? LOL!
:rolleyes:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:27 pm
^^ not sure if your a drunk, or just an all around goofy fella. What do you find rediculous about what bodyshop59 said?
1997 S10 p/u.2005 5.3 L33 LS swap. 5spd, ZQ8 susp, 76 mm turbo,565 rwhp.610ft-lbs torque. Tuned by me with Efilive. Polo green metallic.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 pm
I am not a drunk mr old welder. Usually the pot calls the kettle black! Your remarks insult either direction so considering your pernicious (ck dictionary) character.... have another. lol
The size of a shop means nothing. Deep subject for a shallow mind huh?

:talkhand:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:00 pm
what is the price of tea in China?

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:46 am
timbo wrote:I am not a drunk mr old welder. Usually the pot calls the kettle black! Your remarks insult either direction so considering your pernicious (ck dictionary) character.... have another. lol
The size of a shop means nothing. Deep subject for a shallow mind huh?

:talkhand:

My dictionary says that is very strong language and has no place here. There are a lot of different personalities here, roll with it.
Your post was confusing .
timbo wrote:Good post!
What has this to do with the price of tea in china? LOL!
:rolleyes:

And old welder thought you were talking about bodyshop59.

Nothing wrong with this thread IMO

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 am
Never meant for this to get like this but anyway,sorry if I got anybodys blood up :knockout:

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:48 am
bodyshop59 wrote:what is the price of tea in China?

LOL!
:rotfl:

go fish fred

Fully Engaged
New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 pm
Biggest place i have worked was a place that had 1 booth, 3 painters, 3 preppers, they didn't do any panelbeating.
Didn't like that place much, they didn't care about the customer, or the job, just had to be done fast, and look good going out the door, they didn't care if it didn't last.

Where i am now is much better, we do panelbeating and painting. It's just me and the boss. I don't make anywhere near as much money, but i feel much better at the end of the day, which is more important.
If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
Previous

Return to The Pro Shop!