Couple of jobs before and after

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

User avatar

Settled In
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Northern AZ
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:09 am
The first one here is a 1972 GMC, a 3 year night and weekend job. And it came out to be a beast.

Image


One of a kind metallic epoxy floor in the bed

Image


What the front and rear look like now

Image

Image


This one is a 1961 Chrysler Newport. Was a budget repaint, but I went above and beyond for the guy and gave up quiet a bit of time to make it look really good.
Only bad areas was rust at the rockers and that was a easy fix.

Image

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:45 am
nice work
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

User avatar

Board Moderator
Posts: 7436
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:40 pm
Location: ARIZONA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 am
Looks great. Nice work. :goodjob: :goodjob:
1968 Coronet R/T


ACTS 16:31

User avatar

Fully Engaged
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: I live in a house
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm
RestoRick wrote:...This one is a 1961 Chrysler Newport...

Image


VERY nice!

What color is that old Chrysler?

For my old Caddy, I found a similar color by Axalta called "Sinful Cinnamon" in their Hot Hues line.

My local jobber (been there about 20 years I think) got sent down the road when a national corporation bought out the place, so I don't have anyone local that I can go in a ask my stupid questions anymore (now this site is stuck with all my questions!).

I called a couple of Finish Masters shops and asked about it and was told that they don't carry it???
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

User avatar

Settled In
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Northern AZ
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:31 pm
OldFatBald wrote:
VERY nice!

What color is that old Chrysler?

For my old Caddy, I found a similar color by Axalta called "Sinful Cinnamon" in their Hot Hues line.

My local jobber (been there about 20 years I think) got sent down the road when a national corporation bought out the place, so I don't have anyone local that I can go in a ask my stupid questions anymore (now this site is stuck with all my questions!).

I called a couple of Finish Masters shops and asked about it and was told that they don't carry it???


That color is called Cinnamon Poly and its the Urethane version of the original color. It's way more vibrant and a lot nicer to look at.

The Cinnamon Poly paint code is- 71140

User avatar

Fully Engaged
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: I live in a house
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 pm
RestoRick wrote:
OldFatBald wrote:
VERY nice!

What color is that old Chrysler?

For my old Caddy, I found a similar color by Axalta called "Sinful Cinnamon" in their Hot Hues line.

My local jobber (been there about 20 years I think) got sent down the road when a national corporation bought out the place, so I don't have anyone local that I can go in a ask my stupid questions anymore (now this site is stuck with all my questions!).

I called a couple of Finish Masters shops and asked about it and was told that they don't carry it???


That color is called Cinnamon Poly and its the Urethane version of the original color. It's way more vibrant and a lot nicer to look at.

The Cinnamon Poly paint code is- 71140


Is that paint code a certain paint manufacture's?

I don't really know how the paint codes work?
Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

User avatar

Settled In
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Northern AZ
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm
That paint code would be in the 1961 Chrysler chip book. So you can go to your local auto paint store and you can give them that code and then you would have the option in getting it in PPG's Omni (low line), Omni Plus (middle road) or Deltron (high end).

Of course I'm sure you can get it in other brands, but I stay true to PPG's stuff.



Top Contributor
Posts: 4240
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Pahrump NV.
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:37 am
I want a 61 Chrysler like that so bad nice car nice job :goodjob:

The Truck is really cool too
Dennis Barnett
A&P Mechanic, FCC General radio Telephone Operator
Line Maintenance A&P Mechanic and MOC Tech specialist.

User avatar

Settled In
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Northern AZ
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm
Doright wrote:I want a 61 Chrysler like that so bad nice car nice job :goodjob:

The Truck is really cool too


Thanks, that truck is really a one time things, I'm keeping myself in restorations and not custom stuff like the truck. The 61 was a pleasure to work on



Top Contributor
Posts: 4240
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Pahrump NV.
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:26 am
You don't have any detail pics of the rocker repair you did on the Chrysler do you?
I have to replace the Rockers on my 57, I am stuck using Hand formed Pieces.
Dennis Barnett
A&P Mechanic, FCC General radio Telephone Operator
Line Maintenance A&P Mechanic and MOC Tech specialist.

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests