Progress with paint project

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 pm
Well I finally got some paint on the mustang. Its been a long haul! First paint job ever from stripping to bare metal on up. I am very grateful for all the insight and help I have received since I began this. I am terrible with a camera so bear with me on these pictures and hopefully I can repair some of this.

Hood tiger stripes
Hood.JPG
Hood 1.JPG

Solvent pop
Solvent.JPG

drips
Drips.JPG

I have a Porter cable DA that I bought for this, it came with a set of foam pads but their lowest line of pads. I think I might need a better cutting pad, any suggestions foam or wool???

For the drips I plan on 1200, 1500, 2000, then 3000 trizact then buffing, the same for some trash/dust particles. Not sure about the solvent pop and I am not sure if the tiger stripes in the hood can be repaired (other than repaint) I am planning on putting a cougar eliminator hood scoop on it which may take up some area to decrease the stripes from being noticed.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:30 pm
I have no idea why the hood picture is presenting upside down but when clicked on it is right side up.

Here are some whole car pics

Pass frt.JPG

Pass rear.JPG

Dr rear.JPG

Dr frt.JPG

My picture taking skills are not great I tried with different lighting etc may get the wifes camera out and try that. I am very pleased with the overall job especially being my first, in a garage with a make shift PVC / plastic booth, and fans as my ventilation. I really appreciate all the help and insight given with what I had to work with.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:04 am
First of all nice job. You can always wet sand the car and rebase the hood and re clear complete car if will not buff out. Your pics are another story LOL

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects