Kawasaki z250 A1 1981

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Non-Lurker
Italy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:28 pm
Hi guys, almost finished to collect all the gears i needed to start painting.In the previous days i scratched it down with Rotary 80grit and then 120 by hand.

Today i shot white primer, was my very first time painting with a big spraygun, im used to the airbrush for static models.
After 4 hours i wetsanded with 400,applied some filler and then used 220 on filler after it dried.

Tomorrow i will spray another 2 coat of primer.
Till now im very happy how it came out, set the gun at 2,5 bar, 1,4nozzle cheap spraygun,mixed at 5:1:1 at 30% thinner(saving my ani R150-t for basecoat and clear).
I set up my gun with full fan and 2and half turns out fluid, came out smooth, maybe a little dry (pressure too High?), but then i sprayed closer to the tank and the results were pretty good imo.
Any suggestions??

Would like to upload some pics, but cannot figure how to do from mobile phone. :bighug:
Driving
Kawasaki z1 '73
Fiat 600 trasformabile 2nd sr.
Ducati 748
Under project:
Honda 750 four k2
Kawasaki 1000 r Elr
Fiat 600 1st sr

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:26 pm
down on bottom of page you will see a tab that has attatchment options. under the preview submit button for posting
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects