1997 Freightliner

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 am
You sir are a veritable bargain.....yeah, get to your OWN stuff for a change, right? Very impressive arrrrmmmm stretching work.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:40 am
chevman wrote:Nice job, and quick. I know its an alum cab, how did you clean around the rivets, blast?

I scrubbed every inch of that cab with a Maroon Scothbrite and Dawn dish soap. Rinsed and then wearing gloves wiped it down with W&G remover prior to painting.

When I removed the wings and brackets from the cab, I had to cut the rivets off from the inside to prevent damage on the outside surface. Replaced them with carriage bolts using two washers on the inside, one big enough to clear the 4 edges portion of the bolt and the other to take up slack. In those areas I was able to clean and scratch the surfaces with Scotchbrite prior to putting the bolts in.
Carriage Bolts Installed.jpg

I did get a few runs on the carriage bolts but mainly on the back of the cab where I had to spray around the bracket holding the hoses and electrical outlets. Not a big deal since the oil tank when put back in place hides most of them.
Clear First Coat 2.jpg

Sorry about the pictures. The look fine on my computer and then turn sideways on here.
If you click on them they appear correctly so I am confused as to what is going on.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:20 pm
Last pics:
IMGP0015.JPG

IMGP0016.JPG
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:59 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Sorry about the pictures. The look fine on my computer and then turn sideways on here.
If you click on them they appear correctly so I am confused as to what is going on.

It's in the programming for display of pictures. The default is 'Landscape' mode so the system turns all pictures to this mode when displaying in the forum, as well as changing image size to 800x600px so they don't take forever to load for those people who don't have fast internet or wide bandwidth. When you click on the picture you then exit these display limitations and see the picture as you uploaded it. Chris may be able to fix it, but, for me at least, it isn't such a big deal. Limiting the size is a good feature - on some forums pictures display in original resolution which means about 18 screens wide!
Chris
Previous

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects