Dodge Charger Truck Build

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:10 pm
man this is just awsome work and a nice build plain and simple good work sir!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:55 pm
Felt kind of lazy over the weekend but still wanted to hit some kind of car thing..... So, they kicked off the more local version of Cars and Coffee over at Easton, which is about 10 miles from me.... this is just a bunch of guys with every kind of car or truck imaginable getting together to kick back and talk about cars for a few hours.... You don't really realize how "low" the profile of my truck is until you surround it with a bunch of sports cars. And, yes, that is a half million dollar plus Ferrari there on my left side...... he has more money in just his wheels than I have in my whole car....
Attachments
Cars & Coffee 4-17-2021.jpg
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm
So I just got the official "Okie Dokie" from my grandson.... We will start building the Smyth Jeep Wrangler pickup truck conversion probably starting in November or so. I'm getting it ordered in a few days here and will start doing the nationwide search for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Take a look at the build spec.s here.... https://www.smythkitcars.com/jeep-ute I'll start a new thread when we get going....
Attachments
Smyth Jeep Build.jpg
Not a great angle but you get the idea....this one has a high lift kit
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Looks great. I am building a Charger Ute right now, lots of questions..!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:11 pm
Sorry, I did not see your post sooner. We learned a lot about this build which we will use in doing the Jeep. You can ask anything you want on here....

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:45 pm
DarrelK wrote:Sorry, I did not see your post sooner. We learned a lot about this build which we will use in doing the Jeep. You can ask anything you want on here....

Just trying to figure out these C pillar/quater panel joins... been using a lot of 08115 3M structural, as well as high grade marine epoxy with 1.5oz glass layers. First time!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:32 am
You'll be fine. Mark and those guys really did their engineering on this conversion. I've put over 8000 miles on my truck since we finished it up. A lot of that going through mountain passes, heavy construction, etc. My bodywork hasn't budged and my paint looks like the day we sprayed it. Only little extra bit of protection I do on it is to use my soft nose protector on long trips. Keeps all the gooey insects from making a mess.... :lol:

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 pm
Excellent build. Trying to buy a turbine system to repaint my bmw. Would love your insight. Looking at the sprayfine system. Planning to paint the Isle of Man green colour that bmw recently started using.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:56 pm
I seen you over in the Tools section. I put a short answer about reading a previous thread....

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:55 pm
I recently bought a rare bmw car painted in a similar colour shifting fashion. It’s called sepia Violet by bmw. I’ve only found it preMixed online. Any suggestions for if I can use it through the sprayfine? Phil told me to use more reducer than recommended but the only paint I found online was premixed. Posting pics for reference.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects