1969 Chevy C10

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:44 am
And watch it with Novus #1. It is AGGRESSIVE and can cause as many problems as it solves. I rarely will even tell people about it. I've had a single bottle of it for like 25 years out on the shelf and rarely reach for it. If there is any stray debris on your rag and that stuff combines with it....scratching results almost instantly...
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:42 pm
From what I am reading #1 is for plastic cleaning and shining.
#2 is for scratch removal
#3 is for heavy scratch removal.

https://www.novuspolish.com/
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm
Both 1 and 3 can be troublesome. #2 is easier to control without either chemically reacting or with too much "grit" in the mix. Just an opinion, as they say, your results may vary..... :lol:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:25 pm
Have had much time to work on this truck lately but I did get the cab sprayed:
Cab.JPG
1968 Coronet R/T

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:01 am
Looks very good.
When you did the two tone did you spray both colors, masking for the other and spray the clear all at one or use an inter coat or clear in between colors?

JT :rockon:

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:01 am
I did the white first and then masked it off and sprayed the blue, followed that with the clear coat.
Getting the white completely masked off so that no blue gets on it is the tough part. Intercoat clear would have helped adding more protection for the white and I may give it a go next time. This is my first two tone project.
1968 Coronet R/T

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:09 am
Yeah, intercoat is a real time saver and locks out any bleeding problems. If you haven't tried Tamco's that would be my first choice. Stuff has a lot better time windows and is one of the few intercoats that I have worked with that could really keep pearls up in suspension for long periods of time....

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:15 am
Put the fuel tank back in and installed new neck filler and floor grommets.
When I connected the fuel sending line to the fuse box and turn the key to the on position nothing happened. The fuel level was reading way past full and didn't move.
Checked the wire connection at the tank but nothing. Turned out to be the spade connector where the wire connects at the fuse box.

Installed the steering wheel and decided to start the engine to make sure everything was working. So far so good. Couldn't test the turn signals because none of them are installed at this point
Steering wheel.JPG

Removed the bed completely, installed the rear tires and then took the truck off the jack stands. Glass guy is coming today to install windshield and rear glass.
Bed Removed.JPG

Washed a bit of dirt and gunk off the frame and axle.
Dirt from frame and axle.JPG
1968 Coronet R/T

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:14 pm
Looking good.... I especially like the simplicity of the interior/dash area.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:12 am
Windshield and rear window installed.
Windsheild Installed.JPG

Rear window installed.JPG

Ordered the upper and lower trim molding pieces for the fenders and doors. Prices are staggering and had to order from two places just to get all the pieces and clips needed.
1968 Coronet R/T

PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects