Made some good progress I believe.
I sanded the nose down after hitting it with the epoxy and 2K, and then sprayed another coat of 2K.
I'm considering this part done as we are not looking for show quality and the schedule is tight, with "done enough" for me is in my cousin's opinion "going way overboard".
This thing needs to be on the track mid-March (hopefully we can race in March).
I also plan to repaint the roll cage and prepping that will take a lot of work due to the old enamel and black paint over top of it >>> its a mess.
The interior will get painted with a light gray SS paint.
I am going to prep everything to 400 dry and then go BC/CC.
Whole car in white, then sand mask and paint the red and then sand mask and paint the blue; with a couple coats of clear at each step.
I will paint most of the parts in white off the car, reassemble it and then mask and paint the red and blue.
We got the car outside to have enough room to get the doors off
Two little hinges hold them on, they are fiberglass.
We will be replacing the worn out polycarbonate windows.
Disassembly is a breeze when everything is held on with dzus fasteners.
A guy that will be helping with the roof swap came by to look at it and we have a plan.
I will work to prep the two roofs by doing the heavy grinding and melting the lead out
He shattered his wrist so he will be the brains behind the operation and we will be doing the work.
We will have to remove the Lexan windshield that has about 30 screws and rivets holding it in, and the rear window, and hope to be ready for that by the first of the year.
I got the doors and trunk prepped with epoxy and 2K
I have the hood prepped for epoxy.
Just hitting everything with a light coat of epoxy after sanding because of the variety of paint materials on the car (BC/CC / Red Enamel / Black Enamel with hardener)
Thanks for looking