New Build... 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Widebody Pickup

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:43 am
Hmm,
The officer asks, what color was that vehicle you saw? Me, it was black, no purple, no kinda of a gold color, no definitely a root beer color.

Officer, what kind of vehicle was it? Me, at first I thought it was a Dodge Charger but then it was clearly a pickup truck but I couldn't recognize the brand as it was driving away. :wink:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:44 pm
Ha, ha..... yeah, I like that..... the gold in this almost looks like highly polished brass, then you keep walking and it's all gone. Today I went out in the shop with little lighting and the whole thing was rose metallic..... crazy stuff. It's amazing what $50 worth of pearl does over black....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:14 pm
So we are nearing the end of our journey, well, I'll still be doing a lot of detailing and refinement over the summer and will be doing some stuff next winter as well. So paint is all done, Barricade Bedliner both in the bed, roof section, nose and trim are all done. We now have lockable under bed storage. And, baby, gets her new shoes on tomorrow. We found that our hinky communications problems between the key fob and the car were simply a dollar battery replacement in the fob....sheesh.... So take a look and see what you think.... I am hoping to do some more finished pic.s over the weekend.
Attachments
Week 8 d.jpg
And this is what happens when you have NO instructions for installing parts. We were short 3/4s inch here and I was not going to take all this off and reposition it for that. Hey, Riley......
Week 9 b.jpg
And this is Riley using clay so we can mold a fill part for our fender flare boo, boo.....
Week 9 a.jpg
So these are hydro dipped carbon fiber patterned mirror caps. The chameleon looks great on these. I also added a little more texture in my clear for easy bug removal....
Week 8 j.jpg
Tail gate trimmed out with the Barricade. Stuff pulls great tape lines....
Week 8 h.jpg
This was all Barricade. I thought Raptor was easy but this stuff beats it all around for application....
Week 8 f.jpg
This is the Barricade bedliner shot on the roof section. We really got the roof lines back in well.....
Week 8 e.jpg
My favorite profile pic. Headlights are still taped out here.
Week 8 b.jpg
These are OEM Scat Pack wheels with the old crappy tires. We are replacing those tires.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:06 pm
And the major build part is over. Yes, there is still a bunch of minor stuff however we now have a completed truck that I would drive anywhere. So I did a Cars and Coffee today just to see what the gear heads thought of our creation. Got a lot of fist bumps, head scratching, hand shakes (so glad Covid is over), and many questions. The Dodge community does seem to understand the virtues/features of these Pursuit cars. I am going a little bit different in direction with a bed cover this time. So materials costs to build one have went up and "generic" bed covers have gone up in quality and down in price. I had taken dimensions off several trucks and found that a model designed for a 6 foot Toyota Tacoma would only require removing a few inches from the cab end. The width was perfect. This will be a 3 section folding hard top unit that can lock from inside the bed in each section. I have already installed a tail gate lock so I can have a completely locked out bed.
Attachments
Week 11 h cars and coffee.jpg
I got very positive feedback at our local Cars and Coffee. Lots of sun so the truck was on fire.....
Week 11 a.jpg
We got a very factory look to this I think....
Week 11 b.jpg
So sun passing through the clouds pushes rose and purple again.
Week 11 c.jpg
We got a little creative with tape out patterns here. I was trying to ruggedize the look on the tail gate.
Week 11 d.jpg
You can get a transition from Roman bronze to polished brass walking down the side.
Week 11 e.jpg
I was thinking about doing something with the wheels but I like them just like this. We did some minor touch-up.
Week 11 f.jpg
If we get enough high sun angle we can hit tangerine.
Week 11 g.jpg
Color resolving back from gold to rose and purple...

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:25 am
Wild looking! Great job!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:09 am
Thank you very much! Wild was one of the words on my list we were looing for. Already had an offer on it.... but nope, this is my new shop truck, for some show n go.....

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:10 am
I am absolutely amazed at how nice it looks and how quickly you were able to get it done.

Great job!
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:45 pm
And coming from you that means a lot.... you metal bumpers are in a class by yourself. I can hack stuff up, section it, and defy the laws of physics everyday with fiberglass. I was really able to dial in this color effect so I am calling it Radioactive Chill. In moderate to bright sun the colors look almost hand polished like jewelry. I think I am finally getting a handle on working pearls and these chameleon pearls. Careful notes, a guy going behind you with a powerful light source, and shooting like a robot can get you repeatable results. Hell, that only took a lifetime to figure out, right???? :rotfl:

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:22 pm
So now is the fun part for the next 3 years... driving the beast.... and slowly modding a few things as we drive it. This is indeed my new shop truck. We will be doing a trailer hauling run through later in the week just to make sure the rig does what we need it to do. I just got back from my 50th high school reunion which was a pretty good shakeout. We had about 300 pounds of stuff in the bed. Very impressed that we had a 92 degree day and it was still just 76 degrees under that bed cover. It is more insulative that I thought.
So I am fairly sure that we will be doing a late model VW Beetle/Pickup build for my wife next winter or so. I have been approached by a few individuals about building projects for them. I will be thinking about that..... Just a few pic.s....
Attachments
50th e.jpg
About 300 lbs. of stuff, cruise on 80mph, air on, and weekend of city, highway, country = 22 mpg. Hemi 5.7 AWD
50 years of kit building.jpg
So we call this pic. 50 years of kit building...

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:27 pm
You bought the car Feb 16 and got the kit Feb 24 of THIS YEAR. You did all that and have been scootin around in it for 2 months already. That is absolutely amazing.
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Last edited by 67Drop on Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects