Ford Falcon XR8 - Black - new pics

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:17 am
This XR8 was in desperate need of help. It has untill now been maintained in Brisbane and driven to the Gold Coast for work everyday. Now they live on the coast hopefully itll be better cared for....... BY ME

The actual process was all over the shop as I just couldnt find any combo that was really giving me the results I wanted, I had tried every thing from Menzerna to Optimum with wool and foam pads for the main cutting work then ended up finishing with Menzerna 85RD with a Black Wolfgang pad on both the Rotary and the RO. These pics have one coat of Z5Pro with somemore to follow tomorrow.

Before

After

I was surprised as to how much Blue flake was in the black paint

Last edited by Driven By Shine on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driven By Shine
Automotive Detailing
www.drivenbyshine.com.au

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:16 am
WOW, great job, you guys have got some great cars down there!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:16 pm
dammmmm havent see you here in a while good to see your work again
" no i do not work there i just promote it "

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:09 pm
There GMH/Ford vehicles. Apparantly they are considering importing the V8 ute into america badged as a pontiac. They are a miniture 'pickup' .... With a tray on tray on the back. They just put big ugly scoops on the hood for the american market from memory.

We don't get many american cars here, but it doesn't really matter 'cos the local stuff is similar.

We do however get a good range of European cars that you guys don't get in the USA (eg: Citroen, Renault, Puegeot etc.....).

Were on severe water restrictions here, so I doubt the black XR8 will stay looking that clean for long (unless he lives next door to a car wash :lol: :lol: ).

seeya,
Shane L.
The nutty Citroen guy...

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:02 am
DoubleChevron wrote:Were on severe water restrictions here, so I doubt the black XR8 will stay looking that clean for long (unless he lives next door to a car wash :lol: :lol: ).

seeya,
Shane L.

Apparently I am his new car wash..........and yes I only live a few streets away. LOL
Driven By Shine
Automotive Detailing
www.drivenbyshine.com.au

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:19 am
I managed to get a few more pics in some better light.

This pic really shows how bad the paint is in regards to all the stone chips and the many many tiny little sandblasting type chips (you have to look closely around the sun spot, it almost looks like the metallic flake), oh well there is only so much a buff can do. and yes I did try wetsanding......still no good

Driven By Shine
Automotive Detailing
www.drivenbyshine.com.au

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:04 pm
Do you apply the zaino Z5 by hand or buffer? I have never tried it with a buffer and was wondering if the results are better than applying by hand. As soon as the rest of my Z5 is gone I am going to order the Z5 pro

highway

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:35 pm
highway wrote:Do you apply the zaino Z5 by hand or buffer? I have never tried it with a buffer and was wondering if the results are better than applying by hand. As soon as the rest of my Z5 is gone I am going to order the Z5 pro

highway

apply by hand and remove by hand. Ive never tried by machine either.......maybe next time Ill try it.

Chris
Driven By Shine
Automotive Detailing
www.drivenbyshine.com.au

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects