Rattle Can - WooooHooo!

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:37 pm
I got a small job for my friends 12 year old son. He has a chopper scooter that is powered by a small 2 cycle engine. I'm painting the tank, fenders and possibly a couple other small parts on it just for fun and to make his son happy :D

Now hopefully this will be the last time i use rattle cans lol.

I'll post a few pics later tomorrow, batteries died in the camera.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Nothing to get excited about really. I'm just glad it's in the paint stage now so i can have some fun with graphics.

top three photos of the bunch @ the link below.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/Fastrr_photos/

I've got somewhat of an idea for graphics using metalic forest green, aluminum-chrome, & titanium silver. I'm putting as much or more effort into this little project than i did my own motorcycle with pics on that same link.[/list]

One of my friends at work has a couple premium Nikon digital cameras.. when it's done i'll see if i can get him to take a couple photos to post here.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 pm
I block sanded the tank/cover , masked off for some graphics and sprayed them in various colors ( silver, chrome-aluminum, blue pearl ). More to come for the spray paint fan in you. lol.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/Fastrr_photos/

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm
The scooter tank cover is done. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but I learned what I don't like that I did with the graphics. As long as I can learn something each time I paint. It's better to learn on small items like this than something big like a real motorcycle or vehicle. Besides I'm sure the owner will be happy for the $5 he spent on it. That's not saying how much of my money and time I spent on it.. but again a good learning experience.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:43 pm
Thats cool,,,looks like you had fun

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:45 pm
It was fun. It's been so hot here lately i don't feel like doing any prep or painting until the temps cool down below 100F.

I also found that while I dislike copying other painters flames design...i'm going to have to switch up my style to replicate theirs more. I'm not happy with my design.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:20 pm
I can understand that,,,its been around 100 here in SC for about four days now. AND the humidity is about 90%,,with no wind!

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:14 pm
I totally feel for you guys in the east and south right now. That climate is zero fun. I hate heat+humidity. And that is crazy about how hot it has been in the Carolinas, I've never heard of it getting above 100F over there. I'd drop anchor and take a swim in the Atlantic if i was you... cool off and have fun :D

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:37 am
Hi guys,

Fellow Charlestonian here, hot and humid for sure, maybe better for
fishing the bodywork, Rick Old Dupont has the right idea!

PS: Great website and cool boat! Got a 16 foot jet myself.

Complete Newb here, in the process of trying a temporary rattle can fix,
(don't have $ for $400 body shop job), 6" x 8" area of rear quarter panel.
Will post new thread with problem, what's been done to date, and preliminary repair plan.

Also got an old Jeep and a boat to improve.

Have read and researched a lot, and got the advice of a local body shop manager - he laughed, I asked him for a verbal estimate in case I screwed up, he says it depends on how bad I "Will" screw it up, but then gave me good advice and tips. (Rick: Mt Body, Kevin's old shop)

New thread coming up, Broke Newb on a 0$ budget rattle canning an old Porsche...yikes.

Tony Charleston SC
Last edited by charlestonboxster on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:40 am
Tony,,,who did you talk to? What shop did you go to?

If you need some help,,,Let me know. 412-6776 Rick

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects