student project

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:09 am
here area a few pics of a 91 acura integra that i have been working on for the last 3 weeks
i used a newer honda/acura paint color
nighthawk black B92P-5
chromabase bc
dupont 4:1 clear with med activator
i am a student 2/3 of the way thru my program and this was one of my assignments this term.
i had a few spots of rust repair and a few dings , a crack in the bumper, but overall a simple job
i blocked the car with 320 ,etched bare metal, shot 3 coats of high build, blocked it all out again with 400, then handsanded it all with 500 and sealed the works before basecoat

ill get more pics up shortly
thanks Josh

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/knuckles_josh/

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:55 am
Nice work Josh!

Did you sweat on the surface? or was it really water? :)
Sometimes, i'm sweating buckets and it's very hard...
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Thanks Han,
yeah although i do sweat alot it was a combo of 2 stupid mistakes , i left abit of water in the corner of the booth from when i hosed and squeeged it out earlier , the second mistake was as i was moving from the around the hood i flipped the hose from around the back of my neck onto the floor , it landed away from the car but in the little dregs of water i had neglected to get out earlier and splashed all over the pass. side of the hood - about 20 drops GRRrr--
it happened once i had one coat of clear over the whole car , so i just went out took a breather , came back in shot my 2nd coat of clear over everything but the hood , just let the overspray from the fenders blow up on there - took the hood off the following day , spent the whole day wet sanding it out with 1500 first on all the trouble spots , then 1500 the entire surface , then 2000 the entire surface - i didnt break thru anywhere except fo a little spot on the edge , which i was able to do a little touch up on and is undetectable

so live and learn Again hah- i sprayed the hood the next day and let it sit in the booth all day undisturbed

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:12 pm
ive added a few more updated pics

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/knuckles_josh/
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:53 pm
You said,,"etched bare metal"

O-MY-GOD!!!

The world is coming to an end......................................Ha-Ha-Ha.
Just kidding. :wink:

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects