pics of my project stang with fresh paint

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:38 pm
hello everyone been stalking for a bit and finally got signed up . this is my project 66 mustang that i painted in my little garage a couple of weeks ago and after one clear burn through and repair thanks to old dupont guys help i am starting the final assembly. this was my first over all paint job and a first for metallic. let me know what you all think.
dan

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:45 pm
Sunshine would be nice but it looks GOOD!
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:55 pm
yea it was unfortunatly in low low 60s today and overcast after i dragged it out into the driveway was afraid it was going to start downpouring.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:54 am
Han wrote:Sunshine would be nice but it looks GOOD!

If he could make the sun shine on command, I will be REALLY impressed!

The car looks great, I really like the color.
Dallas, TX

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:44 pm
Looks good. What color vinyl top you gonna use?

Looks to be the same hood and decklid setup I have on my '65. How'd they fit up for you?

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:41 pm
lol yea i wish i could get sunshine on command we would have it 16 hours a day lol. the hood i had made here locally and fits awsome and when it is done he gets to use my car for his web site and then i get the first hood in production that he makes for a 66 hehe trying to get him to do a teardrop next. the trunk lid is a mustang plus piece . i made mine so that i can take the quarter extensions off . the end caps fit like crap and took tons of work to get them to fit correctly. i am going back with the black vinyl top i am building the car so that at some point my boy decides he wants it or i sell it then if the new owner wants to go back stock it will be fairly easy.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:59 pm
here are pics of some of the interior that will be going in the car .

seats are scat pro elites if i remember correctly .

rear seat is original that i had redone to match my fronts.

shelby bullet style mirrors.

here are my valve covers i feel they where a pretty good score.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:45 pm
stang66myway2 wrote: the hood i had made here locally and fits awsome ....... the trunk lid is a mustang plus piece . i made mine so that i can take the quarter extensions off . the end caps fit like crap and took tons of work to get them to fit correctly.

Sounds like a good plan. I think the hood your guy made may have a bit more angular shape than the maeir racing one I have. Mine fit like crap, damned near had to rebuild the whole thing to get it to fit somewhat, it was all I could find in '96 when I bought it though........ I had to do some serious work to my endcaps too,, and smoothed out the visible raw glass on the underside of the decklid.

I think we share a similar theme w/ the resto. :wink:

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:04 pm
your stang looks awsome bloverby. yea i am not as big into the stockers anymore well unless it is a shelby or something rare. do you ever go to maggie valley 4th of july weekend for the ford swap meet ? i havent made it yet but i have heard they have a awsome turn out for 30s-70s ford parts and projects.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:10 pm
stang66myway2 wrote:your stang looks awsome bloverby....... do you ever go to maggie valley 4th of july weekend for the ford swap meet ?

Thanks,, and no,, I rarely go to any swap meets or shows, only a local cruise in here and there. :oops:

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects