'66 Chevelle

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:36 pm
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:34 am Post subject: Re: My first real project

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote="96 firebird"]Hey everyone,
this is my first time posting on this sight. I have been browsing this sight for some time and have received some helpful tips. I am currently a student in auto collision and will graduate in May. Here is a '66 Chevelle I just painted. There was minor rust and body damage. The left quarter was severely damaged, but due to the budget I repaired it instead of replacing. Tell me what you think. I'm always looking to improve. Thanks
P.S. Straight out of the booth...have'nt sanded and buffed yet..

http://usera.imagecave.com/96firebird/
Last edited by 96 firebird on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:44 am, edited 8 times in total.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:51 pm
Link not working.

You can post the pics directly by inserting the URL between these
tags
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:19 pm
Try this:

http://usera.imagecave.com/96firebird/

Seems to work :)

seeya
Shane L.
The nutty Citroen guy...

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:42 pm
looks real nice.
i too am in a autobody class and am painting a 71 chevelle SS im going with red with the white racing stripes...i had to do some minor rust repair and some body rot to deal with, i would say im 1/4 of the way done with the prep work before paint

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:27 pm
It looks way better than anything GM ever put on older cars.

Is that you daily driver? It would look cool with some 17's and dropped about 2 inches.
Dallas, TX

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:35 pm
thanks. the paint was a mix by Omni to match GM's Marina Blue. the clear was Omni as well. As for the trunk in the picture, it is fitted now. i basically replaced all the chrome trim and bumpers. most of it is put back together, and car is buffed. i will post pictures when it is complete. the car is not mine, the owner belongs to a Chevelle club and couldn't find a bodyshop to work on it.

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects