nothing fancy.....................NEW PICS

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:11 pm
here are a few cars that I repaired. I own a very small used car dealership

I bought this 2006 Pt Cruiser a few months a go, it was keyed along with 6 others at my lot :cry: I painted it in 3 parts (not the right way to do it). I also replaced a section of the right rocker panel and fixed a bunch of dings. I will post a few more photos when it is nibbed and buffed.

97 Honda Civic. I just replaced the fender and fixed a dent in the door, I sealed the fender and repair area of the door, and blended the base on the door.

98 Subaru Legacy. Another one of the 7 cars that were keyed.......every panel but the roof and front bumper cover.

01 Honda Civic. Pass rear door was pretty messed up, real bad right on the upper body line. There was also a key scratch on the pass fender. I replaced both bumper covers with aftermarket ones ($80 for the front and $65 for the rear, CHEAP!!!!!!)
Last edited by alexflacco on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Auto Car Repairs http://www.doctorautorepair.com
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:53 pm
Good job alexflacco! They look good. It looks like you have been doing that for a while.

Take note of the color on the paper guys,,,It will tell you a lot.

Do you have any problems with the clear going through the green paper?

Another thing,,,I know a lot of guys do it, but your spray gun would feel 100 times better if you take all of those fittings (Dryer, Regulator) off of the bottom of it. Its like night and day!

I have never seen a hose reel like that in a spray booth. Have you ever ran in to it?

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:28 pm
I'd be scared to **** of accidentally tugging on the hose and the ratchet in the reel releasing. When I use the overhead extension cord reels they always reel up when I don't want them to.

Those cars probably have a better finish on them now than before they were keyed. Looks great

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:38 pm
Lookin good! PT Curisers look pretty good two-toned or with flames.:)
Is that your booth aswell?

TIP: You don't the piece of paper when blending the clear.
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Yeah the hose reel in the booth is stupid. I rent the booth when I have to shoot a whole car (most of what I do is just spot repairs, I do paint them at the mechanical shop where I work as an auto tech). the body shop that I rent the booth at sucks, but in the area where I am it is VERY hard to find a booth to rent so I take what I can get.

ODG, that paper that I used is not very good, the paint shop ran out of the good stuff and I had to buy a few rolls of it. It works ok though.

Thanks guys, I have been an auto tech for ten years now, the shop I work at is next door to a body shop. I have been doing body and paint for my cars and as a side job for about 5 years now. I have learned all that I know from this forum and from the really nice guys at the shop next door.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:29 am
Han, I do NOT clear all the way to my backed taped paper for my clear blends. I was taught that the back taped paper will keep the overspray from making a some what solid line if you were to just use tape. When I am done I remove the paper and spray Upol fade out spray/blender. Then I just use 2000 on the da lightly and then buff. Maybe the paper is not needed, that is just how I have always done it.

Thanks a lot guys you have taught me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:32 pm
ummm your a car dealer and you take the door handles out to paint the car! thats unheard of! haha looks good man, most of the dealers around here do some shotty **** work to the cars that sell... looks like you may be one of the few good guys out there

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:11 am
ummm your a car dealer and you take the door handles out to paint the car! thats unheard of! haha looks good man, most of the dealers around here do some shotty **** work to the cars that sell... looks like you may be one of the few good guys out there

Ha Ha! VERY true...:)
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:52 am
well I try to fix things the right way, most of the time :D

Since I do the work myself it makes sense to spend a few minutes here and there if it will bring up the quality of the repair. Also since I am an auto tech with a used car dealership and I am also the salesman I can't claim ignorance about my cars. I am up front with the buyers and I do like to feel good about the cars I am selling.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:28 am
Good job man...
Next

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects