My latest complete

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 am
I did a lazuli pearl the other day. Most of the bike it's over white, but for the lowers I shot it over black. This thing is amazing. It pops so good in the light. It looks like it is glowing.

[/img]
Last edited by sportbikepainter on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:34 pm
looks good

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:32 am
Really nice!!!
I love motorcycle parts :D
JC.

(It's not custom painting-it's custom sanding)

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:56 am
Oh and I know the lowers (blue pieces) have a little orange peel. Those pieces will not really be seen unless he wrecks :D
I did flatten out the upper half of them. I know kinda lazy, but I was way behind with these.
Last edited by sportbikepainter on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:29 pm
That looks nice, I love that pearl.

I was wondering if you have any threads on here or anywhere that tells the steps you take when painting a complete bike. Im thinking of painting mine and would like to have an idea of the process before I get started.

It has some road rash on the left fairing(sp) and a crack on the lower. What would you use to fill the deep rash scratches and to repair the crack?

Also I will be laying the base and having someone else airbrush some stuff. Do I clear over the base and sand with xx grit before it goes to him then clear over the airbrushing after he's done?

Any help you can give would be awesome, Thanks!

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects