Using Epoxy Primer in an Unconventional Way

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:06 am
PainterDave wrote:Epoxy is not working so you want a high build epoxy ? that dont make sense.

I dabble a little in spray chrome.

give me a quick detail on process ?

this is for your xbox piece ?

Using epoxy primer the way that I described I was going to try to use it is not going to work. I am now going to use a regular 2k high build primer.

I was having a hard time getting the textured surface sanded flat, so I was going to try to spray epoxy thick so it would mostly level out. It would take way too many coats to do this.

I'm just going to scuff, spray adhesion promoter, spray high build, sand this, then spray clear over this prior to chroming process.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:40 pm
Dustin D wrote:
PainterDave wrote:Epoxy is not working so you want a high build epoxy ? that dont make sense.

I dabble a little in spray chrome.

give me a quick detail on process ?

this is for your xbox piece ?

Using epoxy primer the way that I described I was going to try to use it is not going to work. I am now going to use a regular 2k high build primer.

I was having a hard time getting the textured surface sanded flat, so I was going to try to spray epoxy thick so it would mostly level out. It would take way too many coats to do this.

I'm just going to scuff, spray adhesion promoter, spray high build, sand this, then spray clear over this prior to chroming process.

ok sounds good,
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic